What to do before and hair transplant after? Let’s give information about education, pre-hair transplantation and hair transplantation.
Things to Do Before Hair Transplant
- If the person uses alcohol, she should stop using alcohol at least one week before the hair transplant operation.
- The use of drugs that cause blood thinning, such as aspirin and antidepressants, should be discontinued one week before the operation.
- If the person has diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, ulcer, and heart, she should inform her doctor about this before having a hair transplant operation and specify the drugs she uses.
- The person should come to the hair transplant operation with clean hair.
- On the day of the operation, the person should come by wearing clothes such as shirts that can be easily put on and taken off so that they do not touch her head
- Consumption of caffeinated beverages should be stopped a few days before the operation day.
- Since smoking prolongs the healing process of the person, it should not be smoked 24 hours before the operation.
- Before the operation, no drugs and care products (jelly, spray, etc.) should be applied to the scalp and hair.
- The person can have breakfast before coming to the operation.
Things to Do After Hair Transplant
- Hair can be washed two days after the hair transplant operation. Washing should be done with small touches as if massaging the scalp with fingertips. In order to dry the washed hair, it should be dried with the help of a clean towel so that it does not rub against the scalp. Hair dryer should not be used.
- Hair follicles are taken about one week after the hair transplant operation. Small redness and crusting occur in the treated area. Crusting and redness are completely gone within 1-2 weeks.
- The person should not be exposed to the sun after the operation. With the help of a hat, it should protect the scalp.
- The recommended drugs should be used regularly as described.
- For the first three days after the operation, the scalp should not be touched anywhere. Movements that may damage the scalp, such as hitting or hitting, should be avoided.
- The person should sleep on his back. While sleeping, it may involuntarily turn in different directions and rub the scalp. In order to prevent this possibility, a relative of the person should check the person several times during the night on the first night of the operation. Thus, this possibility is eliminated.
- Heavy sports should not be done in the first month after the operation. Swimming should not be allowed in the pool or the sea, and excessive excitement should be avoided.
HEALING PROCESS AFTER OPERATIONAL HAIR TRANSPLANT
At the end of the operational hair transplantation process, the transplanted hair falls out within the first month. Hair loss in this process occurs in such a way that the hair follicles remain inside. Hair is shed only once and temporarily. This hair loss is also called breakage. After 3-4 months, the planted roots begin to emerge. Due to hair regrowth, itching or acne occurs on the scalp. The hair follicles in the transplanted area complete their growth by 50% after 5-6 months. During the 1 year period after hair transplantation, the hair grows out completely. These processes vary from person to person. The person’s diet, hair structure and psychological state are among the factors affecting these processes.